Saturday, June 7, 2014

peanut avocado cookies

So, as most of y'all know, I try to keep my diet as much under vegan regulations as possible. Unfortunately, I LOVE sweets, which mostly consist of dairy products, including butter, milk, eggs, etc. The other day, however, I discovered an AMAZING cookie recipe thats only dairy ingredient is an egg {I can handle that}. What's the secret, you ask?   ....
Avocado! This was a great replacement of butter.

Peanut Avocado Cookies {READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE BAKING!}

Prep Time: 5 min
Bake Time: 13-16 min

Ingredients:

  • ⅓ c mashed avocado
  • ⅔ c peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
  • ¾ c oats
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ c dark chocolate chips


Instructions:
  1. Combine wet ingredients until well mixed.
  2. Add dry ingredients.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop onto baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
  5. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes.
Voila! 
Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before eating.

Add a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl before spooning them onto the baking sheet. This balances out the sweet and salty for an amazing snack. I've also previously used Speculoos Cookie Butter {Trader Joe's} as a replacement for Peanut Butter, which is amazing! Let me know what y'all think!

p.s. I found this recipe on theleangreenbean.com <3

No comments:

Post a Comment